What have you done for yourself lately?
Let the New England History Teachers Association help you reach your goals in your history career.
Be part of a historical legacy!
- Founded in 1897, the NEHTA is the nation’s oldest association of history and social studies teachers.
Build your networking community!
- The NEHTA draws its membership from a wide variety of professionals across the country – private and public, undergraduate and graduate, educators and students, museums and historical societies, authors and publishers.
Stay informed in the field!
- The NEHTA sends out monthly “e-blasts” to keep its members up to date on Social Studies professional development, informative links and articles, and more.
Know the current scholarship!
- The NEHTA publishes a peer-reviewed academic journal, The New England Journal of History, welcoming member submissions of articles and reviews.
Gain insight and skills from experienced colleagues!
- The NEHTA sponsors an annual conference each fall. The fall 2012 conference will celebrate the 200th anniversary of the War of 1812 and will take place at the American Antiquarian Society in Worcester, Massachusetts in October.
Get free resources!
- The NEHTA also cosponsors the Northeast Regional Conference on the Social Studies in the spring. Attendees never walk away empty-handed from this conference. NEHTA members get a discounted registration at this conference!
Take advantage of award opportunities!
- The NEHTA presents several recognition awards to educators who demonstrate excellence in teaching, research and writing, and service to the profession.